MAJ08442 International Business
This major reflects the growing importance of the global economy in contemporary business activity. It provides students with a foundation of core subjects in international business and a range of international electives providing practical experiences in the international business arena.
Course programs for each individual major are available at study plan management.
21595 International Management Field Study involves overseas travel and related expenses (see the subject coordinator for further details).
Students undertaking the International Business major with one of the following majors or sub-majors will need to substitute an alternative subject(s):
- MAJ08446 Human Resource Management students may substitute either 21227 Innovation and Entrepreneurship or 21228 Management Consulting in MAJ08446 option list,
- MAJ08438 Management students may substitute up to two alternative Management subjects in MAJ08438 option list,
- SMJ08130 Management students must substitute an alternative subject from SMJ08130 option list in place of 21510 Introduction to Strategy,
- SMJ08109 Management Consulting students must substitute alternative subjects from SMJ08109 option list in place of 21510 Introduction to Strategy and 21511 Global Operations and Supply Chain Management,
- SMJ08219 Sustainable Enterprise students must substitute an alternative subject from MAJ08442 option list in place of 21510 Introduction to Strategy.
Anti-requisite: SMJ08129 International Management
|21514 Introduction to International Business||6cp|
|21510 Introduction to Strategy||6cp|
|21591 Transnational Management||6cp|
|24220 International Marketing||6cp|
|21511 Global Operations and Supply Chain Management||6cp|
|21506 International Business Capstone||6cp|
|Select 12 credit points of options:||12cp|
|26600 Business Internship||6cp|
|22240 International Accounting||6cp|
|21595 International Management Field Study||6cp|
|21555 Introduction to Human Resource Management||6cp|
|21644 Law and Ethics for Managers||6cp|
|21440 Management Skills||6cp|