SMJ10086 Business Analytics in Marketing
This sub-major is the intersection of business and data science in the context of marketing. The sub-major is designed to provide a balance between business understanding, quantitative marketing methods and information technology.
Students are introduced to the analytics industry via subjects with a practical approach examining issues in gathering, processing and analysis of data to be used in improving decision-making and supporting the development of marketing strategies. Competencies for the study of big data are done through procedures for analytics and interpretation using statistical and computing software which accounts for an increasingly global and networked environment. Students are shown how technology is integrated into business, government and not-for-profit systems to improve business and marketing competitiveness in a digital world.
Students undertaking the Business Analytics in Marketing sub-major with the following majors or sub-majors will need to substitute an alternative subject or select additional options:
- MAJ08981 Advertising and Marketing Communications students must substitute an alternative subject from the MAJ08981 option list in place of 24309 Marketing Research
- MAJ08063 Extended Marketing students must substitute alternative subjects from the MAJ08063 option list in place of 24309 Marketing Research and 24331 Marketing Analytics and Decisions
- MAJ08441 Marketing students must substitute alternative subjects from the MAJ08441 option list in place of 24309 Marketing Research
- SMJ08137 Advertising students must substitute an alternative Marketing subject from MAJ08981 Advertising and Marketing Communications major in SMJ08137 Advertising
- SMJ08138 Marketing students must substitute an alternative subject from the SMJ08138 option list in place of 24309 Marketing Research
|24309 Marketing Research||6cp|
|24331 Marketing Analytics and Decisions||6cp|
|31266 Introduction to Information Systems||6cp|
|41082 Introduction to Data Engineering||6cp|