99669 Clinical Practice 36cp; 2hpw x 11 wks (flipped learning, face-to-face presentations), 10hpw (clinical practice) until clinical quotas are met
Requisite(s): (91706 Neuroscience OR 91527 Pathophysiology and Pharmacology 3) AND 99647 Clinic Level 6 AND 91611 Clinical Practicum (Therapy and Diagnosis) AND 99584 Clinical Features of Disease AND 92227 Communication for Healthcare Professionals AND (91400 Human Anatomy and Physiology OR 91528 Health and Homeostasis) AND (91703 Physiological Systems OR 91529 Pathophysiology and Pharmacology 1)
Anti-requisite(s): 94680 Entering Professional Life (6cp) AND 94681 Entering Professional Life (8cp)
In this subject the student applies the full range of practitioner responsibilities (case interview with manual and digital record keeping; examinations such as pulse, tongue and channel palpation; formulation of a diagnosis and execution of the treatment plan) while under the supervision of the clinical supervisors. Clinical training is rostered and conducted on campus at the UTS Chinese Medicine Clinic which provides a low-cost service to the public.
Students undertake a case history presentation (oral and written) and engage in a series of tutor and peer reviewed assessments with feedback.
Students who opt to participate in the overseas clinical program in China must undertake this subject instead of 99631 Clinical Practice 2 (TCM).
To enter the Year 4 clinic, students must have successfully completed:
- all subjects in Years 1–3
- all clinical hours attached to clinic level subjects 1–6
- all WIKIs attached to the clinical hours of clinic level subjects 1–6
- a senior first aid certificate, current through to the Year 4 clinic period
- a current police check
- a current Working with Children Certification (WWCC)
- a student disability declaration
Spring session, City campus
Detailed subject description.
Information to assist with determining the applicable fee type can be found at Understanding fees.
- Commonwealth-supported students: view subject fees at Fees Search: Commonwealth-supported
- Postgraduate domestic fee-paying students: fees are charged according to the course enrolled in; refer to Domestic Fees Search: Postgraduate and Research
- International students: fees are charged according to the course enrolled in; refer to International Fees Search
- Subject EFTSL: 0.125