99646 Clinic Level 5 and Acupuncture Microsystems6cp; Forms of attendance in this subject have changed to enable social distancing and reduce the risks of spreading COVID-19 in our community. There may also have been changes to the assessment requirements. Consequently, the Subject Outline information for this subject has changed. Details of the changes may be published in an Addendum to the Subject Outline which is available through your LMS (Blackboard or Canvas).
Requisite(s): 99645 Clinic Level 4 and Acupuncture Techniques 3
Anti-requisite(s): 94680 Entering Professional Life (6cp) AND 94681 Entering Professional Life (8cp)
Approximately 30 per cent of the undergraduate program is devoted to gaining clinical experience in preparation for becoming a qualified traditional Chinese medicine practitioner. This subject continues your clinical placement learning (Module 1) and extends your acupuncture theory and practice skills (Module 2):
- Module 1 – Clinical Assistant Level 5
- Clinical training and clinical placement hours occur in all stages of the Chinese medicine program. Module 1 builds on the first two years of theoretical, practical and clinical training to acquaint students with the competencies, skills and duties required by the final year student–practitioner interns working in the UTS Chinese medicine outpatient clinics.
- Module 2 – Acupuncture Microsystems and Advanced Treatment Techniques
- Students learn special areas of acupuncture microsystems and advanced treatment techniques which have a wide range of applications in acupuncture general practice. In the practicum workshop classes students practise the theoretical information discussed in the lectures.
Autumn session, City campus
Detailed subject description.
Information to assist with determining the applicable fee type can be found at Understanding fees.
- Commonwealth-supported students: view subject fees at Fees Search: Commonwealth-supported
- Postgraduate domestic fee-paying students: fees are charged according to the course enrolled in; refer to Domestic Fees Search: Postgraduate and Research
- International students: fees are charged according to the course enrolled in; refer to International Fees Search
- Subject EFTSL: 0.125