94692 Data Science Practice8cp
Requisite(s): 36102 iLab 1
The subject covers the following topics in detail:
- practical introduction to R and Python for data science
- working with UNIX systems (with a focus on cloud-based analytics systems)
- introduction to assorted data stores/access techniques (SQL, Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- version control with Github and data science hygiene (writing maintainable, robust code, unit testing, etc.)
- building complete machine learning systems (training a model, then deploying it as an API or in batch mode).
Detailed subject description.