49309 Quality Planning and Analysis6cp; 3hpw; availability: all courses
There are course requisites for this subject. See access conditions.
Quality is one of the main success factors for organisations, whether they operate in manufacturing or service and transactional sectors. A sound quality management system, based on modern and up-to-date quality planning and analysis tools and techniques, reduces rejects, warranty claims and the need for costly rework. It helps to preserve customer goodwill and builds a brand loyalty based on objective criteria rather than illusions.
Topics covered in this subject include:
- quality and its modern definition
- analysis of customer needs and customer satisfaction
- integrating quality into design of products and services
- managing supplier relations and quality of supplies
- monitoring and statistical analysis of process quality, and
- continuous quality improvement methods and programs.
Autumn session, City campus
Spring session, City campus
This subject is also available in Hong Kong and Shanghai to offshore students only.
Detailed subject description.