48570 Embedded Systems Studio B6cp
Requisite(s): 48451 Embedded Systems Studio A
Recommended studies: basic electronics and circuits using operational amplifiers are essential
Fields of practice: Electrical Engineering major
Students learn to analyse, design, build and test data acquisition and distribution systems (DADS), measurement systems and intelligent instrumentation systems; characterise, specify and select to satisfy the requirements of a DADS (sensors/transducers and associated circuits, transducer analogue interfacing and signal conditioning circuits, and data conversion devices and systems); interface DADS to computers, plant and installations; and write, test and embed control and programming software for DADS interfacing.
- applications, requirement specifications and typical architectures of DADS
- general performance characteristics of DADS components and subsystems
- physical principles of transducers
- transducer analogue interface
- precision amplifiers and low-level signal conditioning
- noise guarding and shielding in instrumentation systems
- filter design
- mechanical and temperature transducers and applications
- introduction to LabVIEW and process control
- data conversion devices and systems
- DADS design
- time and error budget of DADS
- computer structures for DADS (NI LabVIEW)
- DADS interfacing to computers
- control software and microcontroller-based (Tiva/PIC) control system design.
Autumn session, City campus
Spring session, City campus
Detailed subject description.