32310 Network Security Appliances6cp
Requisite(s): 32524 LANS and Routing
Recommended studies: understanding of the principles and objectives of network security and of the fundamentals of network security technologies; CCNA-level networking concepts and skills, in particular CCNA-level routing and switching skills
This is a practice-based subject, using material based on the Cisco Network Security course. Learning is laboratory-based. The emphasis is on network security appliances, in particular:
- security technologies, products and solutions
- firewall and secure router design, installation, configuration and maintenance
- AAA implementation using routers and firewalls
- VPN implementation using routers and firewalls.
Autumn session, City campus
Detailed subject description.
Information to assist with determining the applicable fee type can be found at Understanding fees.
- Commonwealth-supported students: view subject fees at Fees Search: Commonwealth-supported
- Postgraduate domestic fee-paying students: fees are charged according to the course enrolled in; refer to Domestic Fees Search: Postgraduate and Research
- International students: fees are charged according to the course enrolled in; refer to International Fees Search
- Subject EFTSL: 0.125