32310 Network Security Appliances6cp
Requisite(s): 32524 LANS and Routing
Recommended studies: understanding of the principles and objectives of network security and of the fundamentals of network security technologies; CCNA-level networking concepts and skills, in particular CCNA-level routing and switching skills
This is a practice-based subject, using material based on the Cisco Network Security course. Learning is laboratory-based. The emphasis is on network security appliances, in particular:
- security technologies, products and solutions
- firewall and secure router design, installation, configuration and maintenance
- AAA implementation using routers and firewalls
- VPN implementation using routers and firewalls.
Types of encryption, hashes, and digital signatures work together to provide confidentiality, integrity, and authentication.
Autumn session, City campus
Detailed subject description.
Information to assist with determining the applicable fee type can be found at Understanding fees.
- Commonwealth-supported students: view subject fees at Fees Search: Commonwealth-supported
- Postgraduate domestic fee-paying students: fees are charged according to the course enrolled in; refer to Domestic Fees Search: Postgraduate and Research
- International students: fees are charged according to the course enrolled in; refer to International Fees Search
- Subject EFTSL: 0.125