11214 Spatial Communications 16cp; 1hpw (lecture, on-campus), 3hpw (tutorial, on-campus)
There are course requisites for this subject. See access conditions.
This subject is designed to equip architecture students with a range of digital and analog tools for the communication of ideas. The subject focuses both on the funadmentals of architectural representation and documentation, thinking critically through a series of iterative exercises.
Students will explore a range of techniques including:
- measured drawings
- hand-sketching as an analytical and exploration tool
- digital CAD drawing – the fundamentals of orthographic 2D drawing, 3D modelling, and technical drawing conventions
- stylised representation, historic and contemporary precedents
- curatorial exercises to assist students in constructing a cohesive set of documents for the communication of architectural thinking through drawing
- verbal and written presentation – clearly communicate to a range of audiences
Autumn session, City campus
Detailed subject description.